Chelsea’s Victor Moses has travelled to Turkey to finalise a loan move to Fenerbahce, sources have told ESPN FC.
Moses, 28, flew to Istanbul on Wednesday and is expected to join Fenerbahce until the end of the season after falling out of Maurizio Sarri’s first-team plans.
Chelsea had been hoping to sell Moses this month but no suitable offers emerged, meaning he has been allowed to move on loan.
Moses joined Chelsea from Wigan for around £9 million in 2012, with his fortunes shifting dramatically under different managers.
Jose Mourinho allowed Moses to spend time on loan at Liverpool, Stoke and West Ham, but Antonio Conte transformed him from a winger to a wing-back and he became a key part of Chelsea’s run to the 2016-17 Premier League title.
Conte’s departure and Sarri’s arrival last summer signalled a return to a back four at Chelsea, with Moses again regarded as a winger and behind Eden Hazard, Willian and Pedro in the pecking order.
The Nigeria international has played only 26 minutes in the Premier League this season, and in November Sarri said he did not know whether he had a future at Stamford Bridge.
Fenerbahce are struggling in the Turkish Super Lig, 15th in the table and above the relegation zone on goal difference.