West Ham have given lifetime bans to five supporters who invaded the pitch during the Premier League home match against Burnley on March 10.
The club said it had taken “swift and decisive action” against individuals found to have committed “acts of severe violence and physical aggression.”
The match was marred by a series of pitch invasions and widespread supporter unrest, with club director Trevor Brooking confirming that co-owner David Sullivan had been struck by a coin towards the end of the game.
A club statement said: “West Ham United can confirm that swift and decisive action has been taken against a number of spectators who breached stadium regulations or were found to have committed acts of severe violence and physical aggression at our recent Premier League match against Burnley.
“Lifetime bans from all West Ham United matches, both home and away, have been issued to five individuals who crossed safety barriers to enter the field of play — a criminal offence that is a severe breach of stadium safety regulations — while a number of individuals have also been banned for life for violently throwing coins or objects with intent to injure or harm on the bridge directly in front of the directors’ box.”
The club said a number of additional incidents were still being investigated in conjunction with stadium operators LS185 and the police, and that they expected to issue further bans ahead of the next home match against Southampton on March 31.
The statement continued: “West Ham United would like to reiterate that the safety and security of our supporters, players and staff remains our absolute priority at London Stadium.
“We take a zero tolerance approach to any form of violence that endangers the welfare of others, and we are committed to ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for all spectators.”